I absolutely love baking. I could only wish that I was good enough baker to open up my own bakery, but in any case here is recipe I found and highly recommend anyone who likes to bake and eat sweets, to try this one: Slutty Brownies
For the Brownie layer:
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
For the Oreo layer:
- 1 package of Oreo (regular stuffed or double stuffed)
For the Cookie Dough layer:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the Brownie layer:
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
- For the Cookie Dough layer:
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
- Layer 1/2 of the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies. Reserve the remaining cookie dough to be used to make cookies later in the day.
- Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough. No need to overlap. One single layer will do.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it’s evenly layers on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.
- Maybe serve with ice cream
Being Irish myself, I believe that this is a holiday that everyone should celebrate… Even those in Ireland. It’s weird to think that the actual Irish in Ireland don’t celebrate St. Patricks Day. But I guess that’s because they don’t need to celebrate the Irish coming to America?…
Anyways, have a good one and be safe! The luck of the irish is on your side today!
So like I had mentioned in an earlier blog I have expensive taste but wish my taste came at smaller price
I have listed here all my favorite beauty products that I highly recommend anyone to use, but I would also love to here some feedback from you as what your favorite beauty products are! Or by the off chance that anyone knows a place or site that would sell any of these products for a better price! Let me know! Ok, lets get this list started…
1. Nail Polish: Chanel
2. Lotion: Victoria Secret
3. Eye Cream: Prevage
4. Foundation: Maybelline or Chanel
5. Bronzer: Chanel
6. Blush: Mary Kay
7. Anti Aging Cream: Fake Bake (Its a two in one of anti-aging cream and self-tanner)
8. Eye Liner: Revlon Black Velvet
9. Mascara: Bare Minerals (I am very picky about mascara, but this is by far the best mascara I have ever come across. Yes its a little bit expensive, but its totally worth it. The mascara last for a long time, it has vitamins in the mascara for your eye lashes, and it doesn’t flake!)
First and foremost… I am 21 years old. This post is directed for girls who are a little bit closer to my age… Sorry to age discriminate. BUT I came across this super cheesy movie called Chalet Girl and the movie was cute but I was more intrigued with main character’s job as a Chalet Girl.
Basically, this job entails college student (girls… usually) staying at a families cottage in the summer or chalet in the winter and taking care of the vacationing home while its vacant. The family will notify the chalet girl of their vacation dates prepare the house for the families arrival. They also will prepare breakfast and dinner for the family, as well as attend to the everyday chores. Now I know this does not sound glamourous or fun at all so far… But wait till I get to the good part. The families are not there all the time so apparently there is a lot of free time and on top of that you get paid really well. So its something to consider. I know I am!
During the girls free time they can either go skying, snowboarding, tan, water skying ect… So your paid to be on vacation pretty much. And on top of that you can hang out with the other kids who work at the neighboring resorts.
This song is upbeat and makes me feel happy! Also, a really good song to listen and sing to in the car!
Do you have expensive taste but can’t seem to afford it?… I think that could be almost every girls problem. I was on a Canadian “life-style” sort of site called Notable.com and I came across yet another site called gilt.com (Yes, its spelt like that… Not like ‘Guilt’ but ‘Gilt’ but I am pretty sure they are going for the same thing just different spelling.
This site was designed for those who want to pay less for their expensive taste. Sound familiar? Anyways, this site is amazing. They give deals up to 60% off on anything between designer clothes (both men and woman) to luxurious vacation spots, all on sale. Now in order to peruse this amazing site you have to be a member, but membership is free. Once you are a member you will be free to access anything on this site, as well as take up any offers.
How our guilty pleasures can get us into trouble…
Anyways, I have found very similar sites (and a lot of them) over the past year and over this next week i’ll probably share all of them with you. They are great deals and I don’t think it is anything anyone should pass up.
Hello everyone! Welcome to Girl Talk Everything. I am really excited to get started with my very first blog. Now as you may have found out from looking around on my very bare blog, I am going to remain anonymous… Why? Well, I’d rather people just focus on what I am writing about… If that makes sense? Yikes.
Anyways, I wanted to share a really cool site I found last week while searching 30 entrepreneurs under 30. Its called Birchbox (https://www.birchbox.com/) and what this site does is provide woman with mini samples of beauty products for a monthly subscription of 10$/month. How cool is that?
On top of that you can choose what kind of products you want to try or if you want your box to gear more towards makeup or hair products than you can choose that option as well! And then let’s say you absolutely love a product you try, you can go back on birchbox.com and order the specific item.
There are, however, some “copy-cat” sites, but in all honestly, I think Birchbox is not only the first but the best.
I put my subscription in! You should too! It’s amazing.